Spain Travel Visa

If you are from a member-country of the Schengen agreement - Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, plus Iceland and Norway (which are not EU members)- you do not need a passport to enter Spain. An official national ID card will suffice.

Citizens from EU countries that do not form part of the Schengen agreement must carry a valid passport to enter Spain. These are the UK and Ireland, as well as new members of the EU that do not yet participate in Schengen are Cyprus (joined in 2004) and Bulgaria and Romania (joined in 2007).

If you are from any of the aforementioned countries, Switzerland or member-countries of the European Economic Area (Norway, Iceland & Liechtenstein), you do not need a special visa to enter or reside in Spain. If you are planning to stay for more than 3 months, however, you need to apply for a residence card.

Spain visas for non-Europeans
Citizens of the following countries do not need a visa to stay in Spain for less than 90 days, only a valid passport: Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong & Macao (China), Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Singapore, South Korea, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela.

If you are from any of these countries and desire to stay in Spain to work or study for more than 3 months, you must solicit the corresponding visa. Agreements and processes vary by country, so it's best to consult the Spanish consulate closest to you.

Obtaining a student visa for Spain is not difficult, as long as your school provides the necessary paperwork. Apart from an official invitation letter you will need a certificate of good health, clean police record and proof of funds to pay for private insurance while in Spain.

Obtaining a work and residency visa is much more complicated and laws are constantly changing. The company in Spain must present the necessary paperwork to the Ministry of Labor here, including proof that no Spanish resident is capable of filling the position. The law now states that no illegal alien may solicit a work visa from within the country.

Here is a list of the consulates in Cadiz and the rest of province:

Country Location Telephone
Argentina Cadiz +34 956 213 527
Belgium Rota +34 956 810 516
Chile Cadiz +34 956 213 527
Denmark Jerez de la Frontera +34 956 357 000
Dominican Republic Cadiz +34 956 228 007
France San Fernando +34 956 889 735
Germany Jerez de la Frontera +34 956 306 917
Haiti Cadiz +34 956 211 853
Holland Cadiz +34 956 282 866
Italy Jerez de la Frontera +34 956 357 000
Italy Algeciras +34 956 632 771
Morocco Algeciras +34 956 661 803
Netherlands Algeciras +34 956 558 205
Philippines Cadiz +34 956 282 850
Sweden Jerez de la Frontera +34 956 357 000
Switzerland Algeciras +34 956 633 470
United States Cadiz +34 956 286 700